Political Leader | Activist | Educator | Public Speaker
Dr. Campos-Medina is a visionary leader and educator with field research, policy, legislative and program development background. She has a record of applied experienced on the development of strategic union organizing, electoral and worker justice community campaigns.
Currently, she is the Executive Director of The Worker Institute, ILR-Cornell University where she oversees the successful management of the Institute’s vision and mission to advance collective bargaining, worker rights, economic and racial justice via research and education on contemporary labor and workplace issues, to generate innovative thinking and policy solutions to problems related to work, the economy, and society.
Dr. Campos-Medina is considered a policy expert on workplace and labor issues, women rights, voting rights, immigrant worker justice, immigration policy and US trade relations. She is a board member of PODER PAC, a national political action committee advancing women representation in the US Congress and the current PAC Chair for NJ Citizen Action, an organization advancing policy reform for working families. She currently Serves as an Advisory Committee Member for Elección Latina/Ready to Run, a program of the Center for American Women in Politics and is a Visiting Fellow at the Eagleton Institute, Rutgers University-New Brunswick.
Dr. Campos-Medina has been recognized as one of New Jersey’s most influential political leaders by several publications: ROI-NJ for 2020 and 2019; InsiderNJ 100 Policymaker in 2020, 2019, 2018, and 2017; InsiderNJ 100 Political Power List in 2020, 2019, 2018 and 2017; Observer/Politicker’s 100 Power List in 2016; PolitickerNJ’s Top 51 Most Influential Latino Leaders in New Jersey for 2015.
She is the Host and Executive Producer of Activista Rise Up, a forum for activists to engage everyday people on the work of promoting social and economic justice. Follow her on social media @DrCamposMedina.
- Doctor of Philosophy, October 2019 Rutgers, The State University of NJ
- Master of Public Administration 1997, Cornell University, Ithaca, NY.
- BS-1996, ILR, Cornell University, Ithaca, NY
Volunteer Board Membership
- President, Latinas United for Political Empowerment, May 2020-Present
- Board Member, PODER PAC by Latinas for Latinas, 2001-Present
- Steering Committee, Ready to Run/Elección Latina, Center for American Women and Politics, Rutgers New Brunswick, 2015-Present
- Executive Board Member, Latino Action Network, LAN, 2014-Present
- Board Member, NJ Citizen Action, March 2020-Present
- Board Member, NJ Working Families, Dec 2019-Present
- Advisory Board Members, Centro Comunitario CEUS, 2015-Present
- Immediate Past-President, LUPE PAC, 2016-2019
Public Appointments, Commissions & Boards
- Member, NJ Re-Start and Recovery Advisory Council, created by Governor Phil Murphy to address the reopening concerns of workers in NJ during the COVID-19 pandemic crisis. April-July 2020
- Commissioner, NJ Casino Reinvestment Development Authority, 2007-2009
- Member, President Obama Transition Team, Office of US Trade Representative, 2008
- Member, NJ Economic Growth Council, 2006-2008
- Member, NYNJ Port Security Task Force, 2006-2008
- Executive Committee, Newark Workforce Investment Board, 2007- 2009
- Member, Mayor Cory Booker Transition Team, 2006;
- Member, Governor Jon Corzine Transition Team, 2005;
- Board Member; Congressional Hispanic Caucus, 2002-2006.